Houses worth billions of naira belonging to the former Bayelsa state Governor Mr. Timipre Sylva has been seized by The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Thursday in Abuja. Mr. Timipre Sylva is being prosecuted at a Federal High Court in Abuja, for alleged misappropriation of N6.46 billion state funds, when he was the governor of the state.
In a statement signed by the Acting Head, Media and Publicity of EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, the commission said an interim forfeiture order to attach Sylva's properties was granted by Justice A. R Mohammed of on December 21, 2012.
The court gave the order on December 27, 2012 while ruling on a motion filed by the former governor, who is also facing money laundering charges.
Sylva had on December 24, 2012 filed a suit at the court for the enforcement of his fundamental human rights.
Some of the assets belonging to the former governor against which the EFCC obtained the forfeiture order include:-
1. A mansion at 3 River Niger street, Plot 3192 Cadastral zone AO, Maitama District Abuja
2. Nine units comprising of six one bedroom and three two bedroom apartments at 8 Sefadu street Wuse Zone 11, Plot 262 Cadastral Zone AO2, Wuse Abuja.
3. Two units duplex at 5 Oguta Street, Plot 906 Cadastral Zone Wuse 11 Abuja.
4. Duplex at Plot 1271 Nike street Cadastral Zone AO5, Maitama District Abuja
5. A duplex at Phase 1 No.1 (Villa 1) Palm Spring Gold Estate, Cachez Turkey Projects Limited Mpape, Abuja.
6. Ten units of one room apartments at 8 Mistrata Street Plot 232 Cadastral zone Wuse 11 Abuja.
7. Five units duplexes at Plot 1070 Dakibiyu District Cadastral Zone B10, Abuja.
8. Sixteen units service apartments at Plot 1181 Thaba Tseka Crescent, off IBB Way, Wuse zone 11, Abuja.
9. Three units of three bedroom flats at No. 1 Mubi close, Plot 766 Cadastral zone AO1, Garki Abuja.