There was an electrical fire incident on Thursday morning at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos as reported by source.
According to an eyewitness, the fire emanated from some cables melted under heat, as a result of some welders working at the extension of ‘D’ Wing of the international airport.
Power supply was swiftly cut off by airport officials to the arrival and departure terminals, in order to forestall any unforeseen development and isolated the scene of the spark. The fire fighters deployed in the affected area were able to put the situation under control.
However, power supply was restored to the airport terminal within a few minutes. Flight operations were not affected while the incident lasted.