I Sold The Children on Humanitarian Ground



baby sellers,son, naija latest news,news,nigerian news

Adeze Mba, a 23-year-old pregnant woman was arrested for conniving with her husband Chibuzor to sell a four year old son of their neighbor for the sum of N400, 000.


The arrested Adeze caused a stir at the Lagos State Police Command headquarters on Thursday as she confessed that she has already sold her unborn baby for the sum of N200, 000, in advance.

Adeze who said that it was poverty that pushed them to crime also confessed that she and her husband, Chibueze, had sold two other children for N700, 000.

She said, “In March 2013, my neighbour’s son, Stanley Ezeaka, was following me about in the compound at Jakande Estate and it was at that time that my husband received a phone call from his partner that she needed a child for sale. My husband then suggested that we took Stanley even though he was a bit old.
We travelled to Imo State the following morning and sold him for N400, 000 after which we relocated to Calabar.”

Upon interrogation, Chibueze said he went into the business last year. He confessed that he had sold ‘only’ three children to his business partner, Benedicta Ogbonna, maintening that the children were in turn sold to caring parents and not ritual killers.

He said, “One of the children was born by a mentally challenged woman; so I have committed no crime by selling the child to people who would take care of her.”

Ogbonna, who bought the three children from Chibueze and his wife at different times, said  “I am doing this business for humanitarian reasons and not for monetary gain. I am 35 years old and I have four children. I can never sell my own children and in fact my husband does not know I am into this kind of business’.

Wonders shall never end…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog